Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 16: Get Unplugged.

Today I decided to try to do something a little different. I spend most of my days looking at a screen, whether it's my computer or my phone, I'm usually using one or the other for the better part of the day. Today I decided to turn off my computer and put down my phone for about 8 hours today. It may not seem like a lot, but it sure made a difference in my day. There were a lot of times when I thought I would just quickly look at something on the computer, but I couldn't! And really? I didn't need to. I wanted to look at things like patterns and recipes that I've already seen before, and was not planning to try today, or else I wanted to check Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter. Basically just time wasters.

Because I couldn't go on the computer and check all my regular social media sites, I had some time on my hands! I did a bit of yoga, read a chapter in my soap making book, got a bunch of cleaning done, visited with my Mom, and made a supper before my husband got home.

It was really nice to kind of 'unplug' for a few hours and sort of live normal life! Again, probably sounds silly, but it was a nice change of pace for me. I think I'm going to make an effort to have a few more 'screen free' hours in the day from now on. Time doesn't seem to go quite as quickly, and it made for a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment