Monday 8 October 2012

Day 8: Give Thanks.

So today, being Thanks Giving, I figured I would actually Give Thanks!

A lot of the time when we go to various family dinners and gatherings someone suggests that we should all go around and say what we are thankful for. Usually everyone groans at this, and it either doesn't happen, or everyone kind of fires off an 'acceptable' response. This year I decided to take it a little more seriously and actually think about all of the things in my life that I have to be thankful for!

Family: Something I normally kind of take for granted. I have an amazing Husband who tries to make me happy and truly understands that it's the little things you do every day that make a real difference. =) I have a Twin sister who is my best friend and who is always right there when I need her (aka All the Time). I am actually close with my entire nuclear family. Growing up we always did things together and kept with Traditions, and have had fun making up new Traditions. I'm really grateful that my Parents put in so much effort to make us such a close family because that's something that we will always have now. Thanks Mom and Dad!

My Home: I'm grateful to have a house! Something I for sure take for granted, but I mean, I really shouldn't. Originally we were actually going to rent an apartment, but then this house suddenly became available for rent right in the area we wanted! What Luck! But after living in this house for a while I kind of forgot that we were lucky to get it, and have been really focused on how awesome it will be when we can actually buy a house! (I wanna paint!!!) But I'm going to try to remember that this is a nice house and that there are still ways to decorate a rental. I'm also going to stop thinking of it as temporary. Even if we are going to move in like, a year, or two, or at-some-point, we are living here now. This is my home.

Those, I think, are the two biggest things for me. (Watch, there's something else that I'm totally forgetting that is a huge deal. =P) I think in the future I'm going to try to keep with the positives and remember the things in my life that are worth celebrating.

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone! And Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanks Giving!! And I'm Glad we're best friends :) We'll decorate that house of yours! There have to be ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we're best friends too! =D Thanks. =) I would sure like to get this place looking like it was actually mine. =P

    ReplyDelete